Ordering MCOTs in EPIC
Please follow these instructions for order an MCOT to ensure that EP will read them.
- Place order in EPIC: Mobile Cardiac Outpatient Telemetry – Mail Out
- Under manufacturer, please select Other (example below shows BioTel Heart but other is preferred in case the patient’s insurance does not cover this brand)
- Under time, select 30 days
- After placing order, email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (in EP) to inform them you have ordered an MCOT (please provide patients name and MRN)
- They will work on authorization and mailing it to the patient
- Once done, EP will read it and place the report in EPIC.
Getting loop recorders placed inpatient
The cardiologists have nicely given us their call schedule so if need a loop recorder placed, you may contact them directly as below:
Monday/Thursday/Friday: Contact Hirad Yarmohammadi firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday/Wednesday*: Contact Geoffrey Rubin email@example.com
*Back-up on Wednesday is Elaine Wan firstname.lastname@example.org