UPDATED: 8/14/2019 – Overnight MRIs no longer available. Will notify residents if hospital re-instates this policy.
The Milstein 8 MRI is now open 24 hours M-F (and open 8 AM to 12 AM Saturday and Sunday).
Consider sending your patient for overnight MRI if:
- Study is not urgent
- Patient agrees to have study overnight
- There is a plan in place for pre-medication for anxiety/agitation, if appropriate
If you have patients that meet the above criteria:
- Make sure the order is in Eclipsys
- Identify which MRIs could be completed during IDR. The care coordinator will type #ONMRI, which then sends an automatic email to the email@example.com, which goes to all MRI supervisors that will make the scan happen. The charge RNs are also present at IDR, and will facilitate getting clearance forms completed.
- If you identify another overnight MRI, you can still send a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a non-urgent MRI, also consider converting the MRI to an outpatient order. This will free up the scanner for more urgent studies, and possibly expedite your patient’s discharge!